WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and from 2:00
p.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily
WEAPONS CARRY PERMIT - $79.25
ACTIVE POST CERTIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT- $40.00
law enforcement - $7.00
renewal - $30.00
have exact cash, MONEY ORDER, visa
CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
convenience fee will apply to card payments**
- An applicant must be 21 years of age and a resident
of Walton County.
- An applicant who is not a citizen of the United States
must provide proof that you are an eligible immigrant or non-resident.
- If you are a person prohibited under federal law from
receiving a firearms license, a license may not be issued to you.
- No refunds after submitting application.
- The application process involves a criminal record
and mental health record check, including fingerprinting. Noncitizens
must also submit to an Immigrant Alien Inquiry.
- If you have any questions about your legal rights or
whether the list and descriptions of Prohibitors apply to you, it is
suggested that you consult with an attorney. The Probate Court staff
cannot advise you on your legal rights, nor may they determine for you
whether a prohibition applies to you or your circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to seek the removal of a
prohibition from your record or to provide the Court with a final disposition
of a matter in your criminal history. It is your responsibility to obtain
and submit necessary proof and verification to the Court.
- Licenses cannot be issued until the necessary reports
are received by the court.
- Permits are valid for five (5) years.
- Fee for lost, stolen, or replacement license
is $6.00. **A lost/stolen license must
be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency before
it can be replaced.
- A Renewal is $30.00. It is only a Renewal if the
original was issued in Walton County. A Renewal must be applied for
no later than 30 days after expiration.
- THE COURT CANNOT ADVISE YOU WHERE WEAPONS CAN BE CARRIED.
- THE PROBATE COURT STAFF CANNOT ADVISE YOU AS TO WHETHER
OR NOT YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR A WEAPONS CARRY PERMIT.
- THE LIST OF DISQUALIFYING OFFENSES ARE FOUND IN STATE
AND FEDERAL LAW.
- FURTHER INFORMATION IS FOUND AT O.C.G.A §§16-11-129(b)
and 16-11-129(D)(4) and O.C.G.A. §16-11-131
- INFORMATION ON FEDERAL PROHIBITORS CAN BE FOUND IN
THE Gun Control Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. 921 et seq., INCLUDING AMENDMENTS
UNDER THE BRADY HANDGUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT OF 1993.
YOUR CONVENIENCE, PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THE GEORGIA
WEAPONS CARRY PERMIT LAW.
Carry License Application Instructions
INCLUDING RENEWALS, MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING: